||The Marine National Park Education Center
National Park Office
As internal administration of The Royal Forest Department was organized by structure , thus all Marine National Park acitivities were under responsibility of Marine National Park Division . Its responsibilities were coastal resources conservation of Thailand , doing research in forest ecosystem and marine ecosystem , studying lifestyle of rural communities around islands and the coasts . It also educated and transferred the meaningful of nature to all tourists who had visited or learned nature inside National Park which in turn helped the coast to be continuallly and thoroughly protected . Later , the Royal Forest Department had approved for establishment of Marine National Park Protected Center on June18,1993 followed guideline of country's coral reef management plan in accordance with cabinet's vote , environment quality control plan and coral reef in critical area management , activity / project under 2 years action plan (1993 - 1994) to serve as a division under responsiblility of central division of Royal Forest Department.
The Marine National Park Conservation Center was assigned to be supporting unit of Marine National Park who was responsible for general area and studying research data together with systematically development of Marine National Park area . It's activities also include special prevention and suppression in the form of rapid maneuvering unit for each area according to the need of each Marine National Park using Chao Mai National Park as its office location . The objectives of the center are as following :
- To be resources for studying / researching and data collecting about Andaman coast's marine resources.
- To be human resource development center in the area of Marine National Park management.
- To be problem solving center in the area of Marine National Park Management.
- To be prevention and suppression center liables to support Marine National Park preventive mission around lower Andaman's coast.
For the time being , The Royal Forest Department issued a command No.1922/2536 dated Nov1,1993 assigned Mr.Manoch Wongsuryrat ,Royal Forest Department Officer Level , to be Chief of Marine National Park Conservation Center . After that , Dr. Plodprasop Surasawadee , Director General of Royal Forest Department approved to have Had Chao Mai National Park and Marine National Park Conservation Center surveillance activity and ordered Marine National Park Conservation Center to setup Marine National Park Education Center working in the area of research , survey and training according to the following objectives :
- To be a training place for nature conservation , i.e. Natural Education Camp for officer and public.
- To be recreation place , learning place for general people and students.
- To promote local culture and career development in the field of tourism and nature conservation.
- Enable continually transfering and development of local intellectual.
- Support and promote academic activities for National Park management.
Nowaday (2002) , Marine National Park Education Center is under control of National Park Division and it has 3 centers as following :
Marine National Park Education Center (Trang) Tel. +66 7521 3258
- General Administration sub-division
Take responsibility in the area of budgeting , redemption of various categories of budget , man power , state's property and building including controlling and maintenance , documentation transferring and coordination with outside departments . The organization is divided into 3 sections i.e. General Affair , Accounting and Cashier , Supply and Personnel.
- Research & Development sub-division
Responsible for research about tropical rainforest , swamp forest , beach forest , mangrove forests , coral reef habitat , seagrass bed habitat , inspection of marine water quality and also other marine resources around 7 National Parks in the lower Andaman's coast as following :
The organization structure is divided into marine resource management unit , marine resource survey and research unit .
- Thanboke Khoranee Natioanl Park, Krabi Province
- Mu Ko Lanta National Park, Krabi Province
- Had Noppharat Thara, Mu Ko Phi-Phi National Park , Krabi Province
- Had Chao Mai National Park, Trang Province
- Mu Ko Phetra National Park, Trang & Satun Province
- Tarutao National Park, Satun Province
- Thalebun National Park, Satun Province
- Nature Interpretation and extension sub-division
Take responsibility for knowledge distribution and promotion in the area of management of coastal resources conservation and marine resources conservation to student and public.
The management theme is divided into communication unit , junior camp unit , promotion unit and exhibition unit.
Marine National Park Education Center (Phuket)
Declared by the Royal Forest Department on December 1999 with responsibility for academic activity and
resources conservation promotion for 10 upper Andaman coast national parks as following :
- Lam Nam Kraburi National Park , Ranong Province
- Mu Ko Phayam National Park , Ranong Province
- Lamson National Park , Ranong and Phangnga Province
- Mu Ko Ra - Pra Thong National Park , Phangnga Province
- Mu Ko Surin National Park , Phangnga Province
- Mu Ko Simiran National Park , Phangnga Province
- Khao Lak - Lam Ru National Park , Phangnga Province
- Khao Lam Pee- Had Thai Muang National Park, Phangnga Province
- Ao Phangnga National Park , Phangnga Province
- Sirinath National Park , Phuket Province
The role and responsibility is classified into 3 sub-divisions i.e. General Administration , Academic , Service and Development.
Marine National Park Education Center (Chumphon)
Declared by the Royal Forest Department on December 2000 with responsibility for academic activity and
resources conservation promotion and youth training for 9 national parks on the Gulf of Thailand as following :
- Mu Ko Chang National Park , Trat Province
- Khao Laem ya - Mu Ko Samet National Park , Rayong Province
- Khao Sam Roi Yot National Park , Prachuap Khiri Khan Province
- Had Wanakorn National Park , Prachuap Khiri Khan Province
- Mu Ko Chumphon National Park , Chumphon Province
- Than Sadet - Ko Phangan National Park , Surat Thani Province
- Mu Ko Ang Thong National Park , Surat Thani Province
- Had Khanom - Mu Ko Thaletai National Park , Surat Thani and Nakhon Si Thammarat Province
- Ao Manao - Khao Tan Yong National Park , Narathiwat Province
By the order of Royal Forest Department to survey for potantial area suitable for setting up
National Park Education Center , the area around Khao Chao Mueng which is forest area according to Forest Act 1941 was selected on October 2000 and already approved by the
Royal Forest Department.
Marine National Park , Chumphon Province locates on Khao Chao Mueng , Mu 7,
Hat Sai Ri District, Mueng, Chumphon with the area 91 rais . Its boundaries are as following :
- Northern : ends at Mu 7 , Hat Sai Ri, Muang, Chumphon Province
- Southern : ends at Mu 4 , Had Sai Ri, Muang, Chumphon Province
- Easthern : ends at Gulf of Thailand
- Westhern : ends at Mu 3 , Hat Sai Ri , Muang , Chumphon Province
There are two geographic types of Chumphon's Marine National Park Center as following :
- Mountain which is the location of Marine National Park Education Center of Chumphon is not rather big and high . It is a mountain closed to the sea named Khao Chao Mueng which is a tourist attraction place . The forest is generally a tropical evergreen rainforest as an effect of regular level of rainfall all the year and the variety of plants.
- Coast is effected directly from sea water and current . Its general features are :
beach and stone beach in eastern area of Marine National Park Education Center,
Natural Resources of Marine National Park Education Center in Chumphon are :
- The forest around marine national park, Chumphon generally is a tropical rainforest . Plants as pre survey results are Blackboard Tree (Devil Tree), Suregada multiflorum baill, Oroxylum indicum Vent.Bignoniaceae, Thespesia populnea, Morinda elliptica , Yang , Lepisanthes rubiginosa , TingTuad , Pempris acidula , Barringtonia asiatica , Syzygium grande , Lagerstroemia floribunda Jack ,
Azadirachta excelsa (Jack) Jacobs , Samrong , Millettia atropurpurea , Bermese Ebony , Peltophorum dasyrrhachis (Miq.) Kurz , Schima wallichii (DC.) Korth , Alstonia macrophylla Wall. ex G. Don and Copper pod .
- There are some variety of animals around marine national park, Chumphon due to its small area . Wild animals as a survey result are black giant squirrel , red junglefowl , greater coucal , mountain hawk-eagle , Indian nightjar , red-wattled lapwing , common sandpiper , red-whiskered bulbul , oriental magpie-robin , green-billed malkoha , lineated barbet , water monitor , reticulated python , Malayan pit viper, golden tree snake , chameleon , large gecko .
Tourist Attraction Area around Marine National Park Education Center , Chumphon are :
- View Point Area on Khao Chao Mueng previously named "Khao Poo Some". It was developed by governor of Chumphon in the time of Mr.Likhit Rattanasang and changed to be "Khao Chao Mueng" in 1973 and been developed again in the time of Mr.Prayoon Prompan , governor of Chumphon . Nowaday it is a well-known tourist attraction of Chumphon which anyone can view islands around Gulf of Thailand thoroughly from there.
- Pra Buddha Dhat Jedi Sri Chumphon locates on the top noch of Khao Chao Mueng by initiation of Mr. Prayoon Propan , governor of Chumporn together with cooperation of officer , merchant and faithful public . The construction start on Apr 1,1994 and finished on Aug 4, 1994. The King of Monk came to be president in the Buddha Ash Packing ceremony on Jul 6, 1994.
- Natural Educational Route for Khao Chao Mueng is the route for studying plants in the zone of tropical rainforest and some plants in the area of Beach Forest . It consists of 12 National Education Sub-Station with 1 kilometer distance (about 30 minutes on foot)
- Botanical Garden is a learning place about tropical rainforest plants and herb which are plentiful in the area from the devotion of herb plants from local people
- Paveroad Exhibition set up at the upstair of View Point Area of Khao Chao Mueng. It give is information about traveling route of Chumphon, natural resource and enviroment Conservation and also general ecosystem.
- Marine National Park Exhibition Center locates near View Point Area of Chao Mueng Mountain. It exhibits about tourist attraction places , contact point for traveling information of all 26 Marine National Parks.
Nowaday , there are various learning resources about natural resources and environment .
Marine National Park Education Center , Chumphon , is one of the educational places that provides both
theoretical and practical training in the real areas . The trainees will learn various things by themselves
and can bring knowledge back to use in brainstorming for finding a mean to organize resources which are public treasury that everybody ought to involved in maintenance processes . The agendas details are as
- Mangrove forests ecosystem studying course
- Benefits and importance of mangrove forests
- Plants in mangrove forests
- Mangrove forest planting
- Current situation of mangrove forests in Thailand
- Cause of mangrove forests damages
- Mangrove forests conservation
- Role of youth to mangrove forests conservation
- Rocky Beach and Sandy Beach ecosystem studying course
- Benefits and importance of Rocky Beach and Sandy Beach
- Life around Rocky Beach and Sandy Beach
- The deterioration of Rocky Beach and Sandy Beach
- Rocky Beach and Sandy Beach conservation
- Role of youth to Rocky Beach and Sandy Beach conservation
- Coral reefs habitat studying course
- Coral reefs habitat
- Benefits and importance of Coral reefs
- Type of Coral reefs
- Current situation of Coral reefs in Thailand
- Cause of Coral reefs deterioration
- Coral reefs conservation
- Role of youth to Coral reefs conservation
- SKIN Diving course
- How to use snorkel diving instrument
- Under-water light , color , sound , temperature and vision
- How to use hand signal in under-water
- Diving cautions
- Introduction slide about animals in Coral reef
- Natural Resources and Environment Conservation course
- The meaning of Conservation
- Conservation methods
- The meaning of Natural Resources
- Type of Natural Resources
- The meaning of Environment
- Ecosystem of Tropical Rainforest (Natural learning route)
- Arts from forest