Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn to visited the people of a neighborhood at Baan Bang Ma Nao, Moo 1, Karoo Wor Nua sub-district, Muang district, Nara Thiwat province. She has developed projects in such as economy, education, culture and promote of tourism. Next time the head office of the park Pattani province, was survey Tan Yong mountain national forest reservation, the area outside the Thaksin Ratchanivet Royal Palace, it to be a forest park with total area approximately 720 rai., to named that “Ma Nao Bay Forest Park”, then was established on April 21, 1993.
A few later, Director of the royal forest department to inspection at Nara Thiwat province was policy about ma nao bay forest park, that to classify the above forest park into a national marine park because the total area consists nature resources is quite, white sandy beaches and overlapping rocky seashore are beautiful. And the Ma Nao forest park borders the Thaksin Ratchanivet Royal Palace, the royal forest department has directed the officers to go on a field trip to carry out a survey on the area of the Ma Nao bay and area nearly Bar Joh, Muang, Su Ngai Par Dee district, Nara Thiwat province it to be the national park. From to result, found the area Ma Nao bay and surround condition nature resource is quite, that the royal forest department agreed to establish to be national park and the director to new named that "Ao Manao - Khao Tanyong National Park"
The area of Ma Nao Bay – Tan Yong Mountain National Park consists 3 sections are
Around the head office of the park where there’s sandy beach nearby sea beach and high of hill
Located around forest reservation 20% of Bar Joh Cooperative (Settlement), whereas is swamp forest with the water is on hold or flooding in the rainy and dry season
The winter season the area of swamp forest nearby Pi Seang canal with the water is on hold or flooding in the rainy and dry season all year.
Types of plants and wildlife can be divided into 3 main characteristics :
- The head office of the park begins the beach to steep area found nursery plant is beach forest, which tall forest with to dip stalk by strong wind impact or to grow up between the stones. Important plants are scaevola taccade, morinda, garcinia speciasa wall, terminalia, knema globularia warb., atalantia, chaulmoogra, barringtonia asiatica, monkey-faced tree, persimmon, hag plum, memecylon myrsihoides, alexandrian laurel, derris, cerbera, hibiscus, etc., which the high area found nursery plant is dry primary forest, then important plants are shorea glauca king, litsea grandis hook, pendanus odoratissimus, banyan, sindora fusca craib, vitex pinnata, anthocephalus chinensis rich, etc. The head office of the park found nursery plant are atalantia monophylla is the largest and very beautiful, surveyed by Dr. Chaowarit Niyomtum
- Ma Nao bay – Tan Yong mountain national park is located in Tan-Yong mountain forest reservation is quite rich with high species density, the national borders the Thak Sin Ratchanivet Royal Palace so wild animals as to come and go for to earn one’s living. Wild animals found are squirrel, treeshrew, ratufa, cynogale bennettii, pangolin, porcupine, monkey, presbytis femoralis, muntiacus muntjak, python, cobra, pit viper, jungle fowl, hawks, genus aegithina, and also the mammals e.g., cervus unicolor, barking, mouse deer, etc.
- Located around forest reservation 20% of Bar Joh Cooperative (Settlement), whereas is swamp forest with the water is on hold or flooding in the rainy and dry seasons. The dry season, there are 2 kinds of plants to see as follows :
- Swamp forest is nearly quite covers with the large tree density. The important plants are cerbera, litsea grandis hook, black blum, eugenia, ªÐàÁÒ sago palm, betel palm, sealing wax palm.
- Eugenia forest are the cajeput tree, just only around the large area, covering area around 80% of the total area. Can be found is the source of various kinds of animals such as wild pig, small indian civet, pig-tailed macaque, fishing cat, squirrel, treeshrew, palm civet, turtle, snapping turtle, bengal monitor, frog, small frog, striped sea catfish, striped snake-head fish, climbing perch , mynas, hill myna, coucal, white-rumped shama, oriental magpie-robin, cobra, king cobra, green cat snake, etc., from to see and inquire the people of a neighborhood. The swamp forest nearby Pi Seang canal with the water is on hold or flooding nearly all year. The important plants is cojeput tree. And to inquire the people of a neighborhood, wild animals founded are turtle, striped sea catfish, striped snake-head fish, climbing perch, monkey, pangolin, otter, bengal monitor, palm civet, etc.